How to request a Jack's basket. Instructions for how to have a basket sent to a hospital or family residence.
Request A Basket
Each basket includes the following items:
- A personal letter from Jack's family and another family raising a child with Down syndrome and is written to help encourage families on this new, unexpected journey.
- Brochures from Help Me Grow, Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network (DSDN), Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota (DSAM), and Gigi's Playhouse-Twin Cities.
- A Promising Future Together: A Guide for New and Expectant Parents from NDSS
- A book titled Welcoming a Newborn with Down Syndrome: A New Parent’s Guide to the First Month by Nancy McCrea Iannone and Stephanie Hall Meredith
- A book titled Bloom by Kelle Hampton
- A book titled The Uncomplicated Life: A Father's Memoir of His Exceptional Daughter by Paul Daugherty.
- Free online book Unexpected: Stories of a Down syndrome Diagnosis by Jen Jacob
- A book titled 47 Strings: Tessa's Special Code by Becky Carey
- Baby Signing Time DVD Vol. 1
- A personalized onesie
- Hand knit hat and booties
- Violin lullaby CD
- And a favorite toys of Jack's
When a baby with Down syndrome is born, the hospital staff notifies the parents that a Jack’s Basket is available to them and if the family is interested in accepting the gift basket then the hospital calls our organization on behalf of the family. No patient information is exchanged unless the family volunteers their information and the HIPAA laws of privacy are respected.
Family members and friends may also call on behalf of the parents to request a basket be delivered to the hospital or address given.
Each representative delivering the basket is trained with the Jack's Basket guidelines for delivering a basket and is willing to connect with the family in whatever avenues of support the family needs, including visiting with them about being a parent of a child with Down syndrome. This would be offered to the family and if accepted, the representative of our organization would be considered a guest of the patient. Many of our parent volunteers are bilingual and come from a variety of cultures.
Jack’s Basket is also delivering baskets via USPS within the United States. Please comment in the additional information box below to request a basket to be mailed along with the following information.
Please fill out the following form to have the basket delivered: